[wp-hackers] Making a plugin that runs automatically.

CK c at kouloumbris.com
Thu Sep 14 07:10:26 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could make a plugin that will run automatically.
Something like a cron job. Let me give you an example.

I want to be able to retrieve data form a site say delicious and post
them in a regular post every day, week or 2 weeks (whatever). But the
catch is I don't want this to be a hack I want a plugin. Meaning I
activate it provide with some details and that's it, everything is
done for me.

My question is if there is any hook in wp that will allow such
operation. Of course this can be used in many ways such as "improve"
the backup plugin to be run automatically.

--
Regards,
    CK (Constantinos Kouloumbris)

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train
stops. On my desk, I have a workstation…go figure."
~ Steven Wright ~