[wp-hackers] Revised Login Form Complete!

Michael Heilemann heilemann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 07:53:12 GMT 2006

My only concerns are aesthetic really. I think it looses its umph by being
as wide as it is, and while I'm all for larger input fields for the login
screen, I think they are too large. And finally the Login button is also too
big and still uses the old-school WordPress style, which is horrendous :)

http://flickr.com/photos/heilemann/148031358/

But I'm biased.

On 9/12/06, Viper007Bond <lists at viper007bond.com> wrote:

> Just copy/paste in the HTML results (not the PHP) of the form onto a
> Page of your theme and have it POST to wp-login.php. No hacking required
> and it should accomplish the exact same thing.
>
> I could add some hooks though for above and below the forms so you could
> load up your theme, but it'd be kinda ugly to pull off.
>
> -Viper
>
> James Kelly wrote:
> > Robert Wrote
> >> -1 until this is done without browser sniffing. CSS hacks I can go
> >> with, but browser sniffing is just too disgusting for core.
> >
> > I'm not sure this is improvement enough.  I believe many, including
> > myself, would like to be able incorporate my login/registration/forgot
> > password forms directly into my theme, as I'm doing on jameskelly.org.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, I still have to override the whole thing should
> > I wish to fully integrate it with my theme.
> >
> > --James
> > http://www.jameskelly.org

Aloha,
Michael Heilemann