[wp-hackers] Text ads in themes

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Sun Sep 10 19:20:14 GMT 2006

Matt Wrote:
>* Up front disclosure if it is a "sponsored" theme
>* Themes with ads, plugins with ads, etc should not be promoted on
WP.org sites

I think that Rob Miller's "Now Reading" plugin is an excellent example
of how to do this correctly.  It would be a shame for it to be pulled
from any plugin list.  His plugin links to Amazon for the purchasing of
the books you've added to your "library".  His configuration page has a
field where you can fill in your own Amazon ID or, as it states, you can
leave his as a way to say thank you for the plugin.  It is a well
organized discrete technique and I did leave his code in there for
several weeks when I started using that plugin.

There are definate right ways and wrong ways to go about this...