[wp-hackers] Text ads in themes

febwa1976 at gmail.com febwa1976 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 05:49:31 GMT 2006

Full Disclosure:

I think this is about full disclosure.

If a theme author (or other open source developer for that matter) includes
links and adsense ads with their own account number (yuk) etc they should
simply declare that at the point of download. They should also say whether
they allow you to remove these or not.

Nice and transparent and helps somebody gain recognition or money or
whatever - nothing wrong with that.

If it is not disclosed up front I think it is simply wrong.

F.