[wp-hackers] Text ads in themes

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 22:05:35 GMT 2006

I installed that theme on my own site, and didn't notice the ad until after.
At first I was put off by it, because it wasn't really "spelled out" that it
would be there, but then I decided that I would leave it, given the fact
that it was there to support to the author of the theme who had put a lot of
time into the work.

However, after a short time, I removed the theme totally. For me, it came
down to this; LOTS of people have given LOTS of time and energy to WordPress
to make it successful, and they ask for nothing but a simple "thank you"
once in a while. It's all about the good karma (see Podz's tagline -
couldn't say it any better than that).

I don't have an issue with someone wanting to be compensated for their time
and efforts -- thankfully I have many options available and can choose to
install a theme or plugin that doesn't have such an ad built in.

This isn't a judgement of anyone, I'm just stating some simple facts as I
see them.

Cheers to all.
Craig.