[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Sep 4 22:54:12 GMT 2006

Paul Menard wrote:
> All of this makes me wonder about this WP pages
> http://wordpress.com/tags/ Are tags being offered in the next WP release?

That is just run off the regular category system, we just call it tags.
People like it because it drives traffic to their blog and allows them
to discover similar blogs.

Interesting notes from WP.com experience:

* We get about 2 tags/categories per post, which is in line with
Flickr's average

* When we asked recently about people's favorite feature, categories
were the overwhelming choice:

http://wordpress.com/blog/2006/09/02/favorite-feature/

Which makes me hesitant to rock the boat too much.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com