[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Sean Hickey seanhickey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 13:16:01 GMT 2006

> Performance might be a bit better now that UTW doesn't make any
> queries to get its tags (I told you about this in SF).  Now it caches
> them in a serialized postmeta array, so no additional queries are
> needed for regular WP views.  Tag views will still have to hit the
> DB, obviously.

Also a lot of the necessary bloat in UTW could be trimmed off if the
functionality was built into the core.  I've written generic tagging
systems in under 40 lines of code, and UTW is at least a few thousand
lines of code.  That's not saying a WP tagging system would be so
light-weight, but it wouldn't need to be as big a project as UTW.  So
that might increase performance.

- Sean
--
http://www.headzoo.com