[wp-hackers] Plugin author stats

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Oct 22 22:38:01 GMT 2006

Computer Guru wrote:
> Well, there *is* a difference. People naturally like attribution and credit.
> Indexing entries on a site is one thing, but virtually going out of your way
> to keep them away from the author's site isn't exactly motivating for themes
> and plugin authors....

Once an actual directory is done I'm sure it will drive far more traffic
to authors than they ever got on their own. (WordPress.org gets millions
of visitors a month. It doesn't link out enough now.)

However the above tool is purely for plugin authors, that's why it's
unlinked anywhere on the site. It doesn't parse anything out of the
plugin so it's actually dumb to everything but the name.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com