[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin development / hacking mentoring program

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Oct 21 08:26:13 GMT 2006

___/ On Fri 20 Oct 2006 22:43:21 BST, [ steve caturan ] wrote : \___

> On 10/20/06, Kirk Montgomery <clarke1866 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've written a number of plugins for wordpress and I'd like to write
>> more.  Everything I've learned I've picked up via the web having never
>> taken a programming course in High School or University.  I'm certain
>> that the code I write is not very efficient or well thought out, and,
>> although it does get the job done I think I'm reaching the end of
>> things I can learn on my own.
>>
>> <snip />
>
> perhaps in the immediate future, the WordPress project should consider
> taking part in SoC sponsored by Google. :)

There were discussions about this before (applications too, IIRC), yet
I worry that Blogger and Blogspot lead to conflicting interests. Then
again, Drupal competes with Google's equivalents to an extent; same
with KOffice... and yet they both got Google's assistance.

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E