[wp-hackers] 2.1 Ongoing Work

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Oct 19 19:54:19 GMT 2006

Here are the 2.1 projects that are currently ongoing and the decisions
that still need to be made.  We need to wrap these up soon and drive to
beta.

* Uploader improvements. (mdawaffe)

* Localize plugin and theme metadata.  Patch from nbachiyski waiting
review and commit.  #3089

* RTL Support.  Support RTL in admin and default themes out of the box.
     Patches from Sewar waiting for commit.  #3136 #3217

* Finalize nomenclature of Blogroll/Links/Bookmarks.

* Make decision on Combined Category behavior and UI.  Perhaps include
MarkJ's category UI work. #3130

* Autosave tweaking.  Still have some edge case bugs here.

* wp_cron and future posts.  Any remaining issues?

* Page on front.  We still have some issues lingering.

* wp_list_bookmarks().  Is this complete?

* Import/Export.  Remaining issues?  Sufficient to replace DB backup?  I
think masquerade has some patches for this waiting.

* Bundling.  Include widgets?  Include scriptaculous?

* Other stuff?