[wp-hackers] User input in a WordPress Plugin

Kirk Montgomery clarke1866 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:42:29 GMT 2006

Greetings,

I am developing a plugin and would like to allow admin users to enter
text in a form (in the administration), have it saved to the DB, and
then output it wherever needed.  I have everything as I like it except
that if the user wants to have markup in the text (as submitted by the
backend form) then things go funny.  It looks like update_option is
sanitizing the input an striping out dangerous input.  Probably a good
idea.

My question, is there a way to allow users to use only certain markup
like a href and IMG?

Thanks,
Kirk