[wp-hackers] WP.org in IE7

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Oct 14 11:15:38 GMT 2006

___/ On Sat 14 Oct 2006 11:56:46 BST, [ petit ] wrote : \___

> petit at petitpub.com: says:
>
>> Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>: says:
>>
>>> WordPress.org does super-funky things in IE7, with pages
>>> disappearing and jumping around when you hover over the menu.
>>>
>>> I don't have easy access to IE7, do any CSS gurus have a few
>>> minutes to debug what we need to sacrifice to the IE7 demons?
>>>
>> I've seen the disappearing menues/Button on quite a few web sites.
>> Ufortunately
>> I haven't had the resources to investigate what kind of menus/buttons it
>> happens to ( out of office :), but I'd think it is CSS gouverned widgets.
>>
>> Even if Microsoft hides the fact a bit on their site, IE7 is a Release
>> candidate, and hopefully they will correct it before it gets to the official
>> release. It is too early to use the IE7 serously, I guess.

According to Eric Meyer, as of a few months ago, CSS behaviour won't
change. It is, in that respect, feature complete (or incomplete,
depending on your feelings about IE).

> It might have something to do with this, albeit a bit old:
> Disappearing floats
> :http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/archives/2006/03/21/ie7-disappearing-float-bug/

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E