[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-svn] [4349] trunk: Some UI cleanups, changes, and various miscellany.

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 06:53:31 GMT 2006

m at wordpress.org wrote:
> Revision
>     4349
> Author
>     matt
> Date
>     2006-10-06 01:14:47 +0000 (Fri, 06 Oct 2006)
>

>       Log Message
>
> Some UI cleanups, changes, and various miscellany.
>

>       Modified Paths
>
>     * trunk/wp-admin/admin-footer.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/admin.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/edit.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/export.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/import/blogware.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/import/dotclear.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/import/livejournal.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/import/mt.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/import/rss.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/import/textpattern.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/import/wordpress.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/index.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/menu-header.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/page.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/plugins.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/post.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/profile.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/rtl.css
>     * trunk/wp-admin/theme-editor.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/upload-functions.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/upload-js.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/upload.css
>     * trunk/wp-admin/upload.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/users.php
>     * trunk/wp-admin/wp-admin.css
>     * trunk/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/wordpress.css

Hmm - big changesets are bad IMHO.

It makes it very hard to understand what has changed - and to track down
any bugs that may inadvertantly have been introduced later.

Matt could you split your changes out a bit more next time - reading
through the changeset I think you changed the following areas which
could have been individual changesets:

	1. Location of Import and Export menu items and other importer changes.
	2. Styling of the admin pages.
	3. Layout and textual changes on other admin pages.
	3. Removal of the quickjump links to and from the preview view.

This would also lend itself to more descriptive checkin descriptions.

Also a few other comments:

I do like the new styling of the menu now - much better without the links.

Why have we lost the hyperlinks to switch between edit and preview mode?
- - they were very useful.

westi
- --
Peter Westwood