[wp-hackers] OPTIONS Panel.

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Mon Oct 2 23:09:35 GMT 2006

Mark,

That is the way I run all my client WP installs. I do this to keep
the site root clean.

Put the engine into a folder, /wordpress/ under the site root, Copy
the index.php into the root and add the path reference. This way the
OPTIONS page values become:

WordPress address (URL):  http://www.mysite.com/wordpress
Blog address (URL): http://www.mysite.com/wordpress

Though I've also played with leaving these as:
WordPress address (URL):  /wordpress
Blog address (URL): /

Figuring the relative URLs will be properly translated by Apache. But
have notice the some RSS items to not yield the full site URL. Have
not had a chance to dig into this.

One thing I've often wondered about is why the full URL is stored as
part of the Post guid field?

P-