[wp-hackers] Improving WordPress' Performance WAS Changing MySQL minimum version

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Nov 30 19:58:42 GMT 2006

Computer Guru wrote:
> I removed all my plugins and installed LightPress for 24 hours - the effect
> was instantaneous bliss. Still no caching, but all of a sudden not only did
> my server not die on me every 5 minutes, but pages also loaded fast and
> snappily.

Well we need to determine what makes lightpress so much faster.  Is it
the queries, the templates, the cache?  Is it bypassing expensive
filters such as texturize and autop?  It's actually quite a bit of extra
code, so what is speeding it up?  A little thing I see in lightpress
that I would like for WP is plugin contexts.

Maybe someone using lightpress could dump their queries and query times
for comparison.

Ryan