[wp-hackers] Replacing TinyMCE with Xinha

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Thu Nov 30 05:56:15 GMT 2006

A few things.

* A WYSIWYG editor in the core is here to stay. Stop wasting your breath.
Read this if you're interested in the details:
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3256

* The TinyMCE folder can be deleted (if you don't want to upload it) and it
won't result in any problems thanks to this ticket/changeset added to 2.1 a
month ago: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3272

And yes, back to the topic of TinyMCE vs. Xinha...

>From a writer's standpoint, I use neither, so I couldn't care less.
>From a coder's standpoint, I have things hooking into TinyMCE and switching
to another editor would make me and a lot of other people have to recode
their plugins. Speaking of which, can you even easily add stuff to Xinha?
That's a pretty big requirement.

-Viper