[wp-hackers] Replacing TinyMCE with Xinha

Kirk Steffensen blogger at steffensenfamily.com
Thu Nov 30 03:49:35 GMT 2006

-1 from me for no WYSIWYG in core.

Normal people (non-coder geeks like us) want to be able to just use
WordPress for blogging.  (My wife is a perfect example.  She's the reason I
wrote my plugin.)  They don't want to have to learn HTML.  Photos are nice,
too, so long as they don't have to learn HTML to do it.

It's easy enough to disable the WYSIWYG if you don't like it.  (And only a
coder geek usually bothers to figure out how to disable it.  I proudly
include myself in the "coder geek" category, although I do use TinyMCE when
I'm writing my blog entries.)

Kirk