[wp-hackers] Replacing TinyMCE with Xinha

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Nov 29 23:47:21 GMT 2006

Computer Guru wrote:
> I'm currently using Xinha (http://xinha.python-hosting.com/) to add WYSIWYG
> support to my commenting form, simply because of how many people throw in
> unencoded html characters that cut their post short. It looks great, can be
> configured to be even more minimal than TinyMCE, is compatible with all
> current-generation browsers AFAIK, and most importantly, by using the new
> rendering engine guarantees valid XHTML.

I'm not religiously tied to TinyMCE, but Xinha was pretty fragile in my
playing with it, and overall the codebase seems much less mature. We
have good upstream support from the MCE guys, good repeatable bug
reports (Denis' isn't) usually get fixed.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com