[wp-hackers] Rewrite URIs Hack

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Tue Nov 21 18:19:18 GMT 2006

You're looking at it wrong.

You don't want two sets, you want one set, and to redirect your other
old permalinks to the new ones.

http://www.freakitude.com/2006/11/04/permalinks-migration-plugin-for-wordpress/
http://txfx.net/code/wordpress/redirect-old-slugs/

You don't need to touch the WP code. I guess from this point on this
becomes a wp-support thread and should go in the forums.

On 11/21/06, Seamus Leahy <leahy at au.org> wrote:
> I want to have more than one set of permalinks rules. As far as I can figure
> out, you can only have one set of permalinks rules with the provided option.
> Since I wish to change the permalinks rules and at the same time not break
> links to the older posts, I need two sets of permalinks rules.
>
> What they were:
> /%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%.html
>
> What they will be:
> /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/
>
> I still want what they were to keep working.
>
> On 11/21/06 10:48 AM, "Computer Guru" <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't get what the problem is.
> >
> >> From the admin panel - options - permalinks you can create custom
> >> From .htaccess you can redirect previous permalinks to your current