[wp-hackers] Selected Menu Problems

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 16:47:58 GMT 2006

On Tue, November 21, 2006 4:37 pm, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Ryan Boren wrote:
>> Our API is lame and confusing. :-)  Since you are using method
>> callbacks, try replacing __FILE__ with any arbitrary string.  Make each
>> one unique.
>
> We need to hunt down where folks are getting the __FILE__ examples from,
> it sucks.

A quick search of the codex gives:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus
http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin#Adding_Administration_Panels
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Carthik/Plunge_into_Plugins#User_Interfaces

Should we change the documentation on the Adding_Administration_Menus page
to rename the 'file' argument:

"The file that handles the display of the menu page content or a unique
identifier for a submenu of a custom top-level menu."

Maybe just:

"A unique identifier for a submenu of a custom top-level menu."

Is there a valid need for a filename in that argument?

westi
--
Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk