[wp-hackers] 2.0.5 category bug

ComputerWolf computerwolf8 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 08:01:24 GMT 2006

After upgrading to 2.0.5 from 2.0.4, I am unable to add categories from the
post page. It comes up with the error: "You don't have permission to do
that." I double checked, and I am set as an administrator. I can add them
just fine from the category section of the manage part of the admin. I
assumed it was because of my theme or plugins so I disabled those and still
have the error. I then decided that it could be my installation, so I
installed 2.0.5 fresh in a different location, and it still returns the
error. I am wondering what would cause this problem from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 and
how can I fix it? On the support forums, all the similar issues are with
version 2.0.3, and those were fixed in 2.0.4. This place was my last resort
to resolve my problem.

Thanks for help in advance,
Josh