[wp-hackers] A New Codex?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Nov 11 23:47:58 GMT 2006

___/ On Sat 11 Nov 2006 16:43:26 GMT, [ Mark Riley ] wrote : \___

> Craig wrote:
>> On 11/10/06, Dave W <dabbaking at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>Maybe there could be a
>>> policy instituted like Wikipedia has that some articles are locked down
>>> for
>>> new users or someone would have to request a change to an important page.
>>> <snip>
>>

>> This was attempted at the start of the Codex project. It was determined by
>> some that such policies are counter to the open source ideology. Chaos
>> ensued and we have today, a set of documentation that is a quagmire.
>>
>> Craig.
>
> And if I recall correctly those that freaked out about this are no
> longer around. In - yell - out. That's how I remember it.

Scott  (skippy)? Or is it David (smallmouse)? Either way,  I
find  the Codex rather useful, though I only ever view it at
the   shallow   levels.  Wikis  could  use   a   patchmaster
equivalent---someone  who  is  familiar with the  Codex  and
prevents  duplication.  That  middleman can then  become  an
authority with editorial control though, which is dangerous.

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E