[wp-hackers] Email system revamp

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Nov 6 16:57:26 GMT 2006

> > For what jurisdiction (country/state)?
> >

> How about Ghana? ;-)
>
> Denis

I think that was his point. WordPress is international. It's getting along
just fine the way it is right now without adding region-specic bloat/stuff
no one will ever use. Why add something that not everyone will benefit from
to the core?

If you want COPPA, there are plugins for that. WordPress is *primarily* a
blogging platform, and multiple users are the exception, not the rule for a
blogging platform.
Even more importantly, in most blogs, authors are created by the
administrator, so things like COPPA don't really have a place. Unless you're
talking about comment registration - then COPPA is just a stupid law.

If a < 13 year old can post as anonymous without breaking any laws why
should it be illegal to still post as anonymous except also fill out a
registration sheet?

WP is getting along just fine without these laws, I have 2 forms of email
subscription on my blog and have *never* received a single spam complaint
(and my site is quite large now).

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies