[wp-hackers] RE: 2.1 Ongoing Work: links/bookmarks/blogroll

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 07:05:09 GMT 2006

On 11/1/06, Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> wrote:

> Logically a category shouldn't be displayed by list_cats unless it has
> one+ posts. Categories with links alone should be excluded, *unless*
> you set the 'hide_empty' argument to false.

Which explains the behavior I'm experiencing.  I  gave that  a thought after
I posted, but hadn't tested it yet.

Perhaps we need a new param in list_cats which lets you include/exclude
> link categories.

Which would make sense, but once users start using the same category for
both posts and links, it would create more confusion.
Almost a six of one half dozen another...

Thanks for the reply.

~miklb