[wp-hackers] WP Memory usage

Paul Mitchell wp-hackers at paul-mitchell.me.uk
Mon May 29 13:46:37 GMT 2006

Francis Reyes wrote:
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 200 bytes) in
> /usr/share/wordpress/wp-admin/admin-functions.php on line 1166
>

> Is it normal for people to exceed the 8MB allotment to PHP with WP 2.0.2?
Excepting the uploading of images, I would say definately not. From my
brief study of 2.0.2 today, stock WP consumes less than half of the 8MB
limit leaving a comfortable buffer.
http://www.libertini.net/libertus/2006/05/29/wordpress-memory/

I have not yet looked at the effect of plugins. There are so many to
choose from and, ultimately, the memory use of each is a matter for
their authors.

--
Paul Mitchell, Coding and Crafting Quality Software
http://www.libertini.net/libertus/category/software/