[wp-hackers] [offtopic] "Copy as HTML Link" for Firefox

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri May 26 23:23:25 GMT 2006

Justin crowed:
> I thought you all might find this useful.
> I wrote this Firefox extension that allows you to copy text as an HTML
> link to the current page. Then you can paste the HTML into your blog
> post or text editor or where ever you might need it. Since I prefer
> not to use the TinyMCE wysiwyg editor, I find it very handy for
> grabbing links to web sources.
> http://justinsomnia.org/2006/05/copy-as-html-link-for-firefox/

That is a GREAT idea Justin.

You've inspired me!  I've created a similar tool for Maxthon and IE.  I've
been sure to send all Firefox users over to your blog and I've given you
credit for the inspiration in the installation tool.

You can find the .bat file that creates all the files and installs the menu
items in IE here:
http://www.thecodecave.com/2006/05/26/copy-as-text-link-and-copy-as-image-li
nk-blogging-tools/

That was a good idea... Justin.  Well done.

This will save lots of time and typing. Though I'll have to be careful not
to be a bandwidth leech by linking to too many external pictures...