[wp-hackers] Moveable Type/TypePad static content import

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Fri May 26 11:50:00 GMT 2006

 I posted a q in the support forums last night, before I begin writing a
perl script to chop up the old pages I'd like to get some opinions as to how
some of you folks would approach the following situation -

existing/running site/blog - pretty busy 4-5 "topics" per day with 150-250
replies each. site has been running since '04 on typepad, all using "static"
html pages stored in "permalink" directories like -
date/topic/postname/index.html, where index.html contains the original post
plus all comments. I need to find a way to get this all pulled into wp. I
know that I can write a perl utility to chew up the pages and spit out
something suitable for wp import, however I'm kind of looking for the lazy
man's way out of this, thoughts ?? existing scripts/plugins, etc (which I
haven't been able to find or don't know about) ??

thanks....

Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net
http://www.hradil.us