[wp-hackers] Moved from BlogWare to WordPress - Need Help

brian at thecodecave.com brian at thecodecave.com
Sat May 20 04:53:22 GMT 2006

>Howdy Happy Hackers,

Greetings, Chris!

I'm relatively new on this list too, but I seem to be the one that is awake at the moment.  So I figured I'd welcome you.

>Just found a killer edit-in-place plugin at
>http://www.headzoo.com/downloads

Thats intriguing! I'll check it out.

> http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2006/2/23/1780165.html
>is now at:
> http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/02/23/googlefasting-day-1/

Could I suggest another alternative to fixing your 404 page?

You may or may not know that the permalink style is highly customizable.  In addition to the standard date naming and id naming conventions, you can create your own.  So, if you'd prefer using something closer to BlogWare's style, you could go to your options page and into the Permalinks tab and choose the custom option to add your own style.

For instance something like this:
/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%post_id%/

or maybe even this:
/blog/_archives/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%post_id%.htm

Might actually produces some good results for you...  Especially if you are intertested in doing some creative importing of your old posts (or some direct DB manipulation to get the post IDs to match.

I'll probably look at your code later when I'm not falling asleep on the keyboard...