[wp-hackers] Easytags template system

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed May 10 07:07:36 GMT 2006

Owen Winkler wrote:
> There is a large body of other arguments against easytags and for native
> code.  I'm omitting those here to prevent myself from imploding.

I wasn't suggesting a template system at all, just a filter on the WP
template-editing textareas that make the template syntax friendlier for
people editing through the web form.

The only additional overhead would be for viewing and saving the
template edit form. Not a lick of other WP code would change, all the
files would still be saved as native PHP. This would preclude any of the
templating systems that parse on runtime, like all of the ones evaluated
3 years ago here:

http://wordpress.org/development/2003/04/template-engines-uncut/

--
Matt Mullenweg