[wp-hackers] Porting Wordpress to PostgreSQL

Andrew Krespanis leftjustified at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 10:51:30 GMT 2006

On 3/22/06, John Joseph Bachir <jjb at ibiblio.org> wrote:
> [1] mySQL has query caching, so why doesn't it benefit from what you are talking about?

I realized that after hitting post! (long time no MySQL for me) I
considered posting a correction, but figured you call me up on that
anyway :)

> [2] how does the abstraction layer take advantage of query caching beyond what the DBMS does at its end anyway? Do some systems have more elaborate APIs beyond just associating queries with results?

$adodb->CacheExecute( ) || $adodb->CacheSelectLimit( )  -- fetches
previously retrieved recordsets (SELECT only) in file / stores current
request results in file if first request. There is more possible, but
they require bind var's. MySQL 4.x doesn't support binds, does it?