[wp-hackers] Re: Porting Wordpress to PostgreSQL

Martin mgonzo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 16:53:50 GMT 2006

I too am only a lurker here but I would be very interested in allowing WP to
use postgres.
I have looked into it a bit and found that they are using a db layer (a
modified ezSQL) that should already allow them to use postgres without too
much problem.
The main hurdle I see is that the database schema has some mysqlism that we
would need to work around. enums for instance, but i think triggers could
take care of that for us.

But I suppose that is all a bit premature without first hearing from the
devs.. =)

-m