roadmap & wp.org search? -was- Re: [wp-hackers] Wordpress development roadmap?

lloyd at foolswisdom.com foolswisdom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:05:11 GMT 2006

On 3/16/06, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:

> lloyd at foolswisdom.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Where do I find the current development roadmap?
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/roadmap

Ouch,  http://wordpress.org/search/roadmap does not find it, even after I
added  "Roadmap" to http://codex.wordpress.org/Developer_Documentation .

I search on Tester, test, QA, and documentation, and none of the searches
find anything?!
http://wordpress.org/search/

> How long until the next release?
>
> "When it's done."

What is an estimate when 2.1 will be? example Q4 2006.

And an estimate on 2.5 will be?

> What are the goals?
>
> At the least, the eliminaiton of open bugs.  Beyond that, whatever Matt
> and Ryan feel like including.

Is Severity="enhancement", the correct way for me to identify what are new
planned features for 2.1 ? Any way for me to identify roughly when they are
planned to be implemented, what are the highest risk, or most "interesting"
items?
http://trac.wordpress.org/query?action=view&status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&severity=enhancement&milestone=2.1&order=priority

--
Peace be in you,