[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 22:37:22 GMT 2006

I don't want to speak for Podz... but, okay, lemme try! ;)

I >think< he was asking for something like: post to the hackers list just
prior to uploading, or maybe before switching links over to, the new version
(assuming there's a manual step there).

"setting the stage ... for the last week or two" is different from an email
to hackers with the title "RELEASE: WP 2.0.2".  I believe there was a whole
thread on having some various notification emails out to wp-hackers at
various stages.  Oh yeah, related to the original WP2 release, which was
going to happen, then pushed back, then decided to get it out despite
numerous pleas to hold off a few days -- that whole thread discussed this
notification topic, certainly. ;)

I for one don't need yet-another email subscription, but if we felt the need
for a list just for release notifications, whether 'something will be
coming' (due to a security matter), 'planned upcoming release' (i.e., within
a few weeks) and 'imminent release' (i.e., minutes or hours), that'd be
good.  I admit I don't even know if there is a wp-announce, and whether all
of this is being done (this is all I subscribe to!).

Just trying to lend a voice to Podz, as I know his must be going horse by
now. ;)

-d