[wp-hackers] Capabilities and Plugins

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Mar 5 14:19:09 GMT 2006

On Mar 5, 2006, at 9:11 AM, Owen Winkler wrote:

> In my Role Manager, I have added a hook that allows plugins to
> register their own caps for application to roles and users.
[...]
> If the core were to do this, it would need to fill the caps list
> with all of the built-in caps.

It would be nice if the core could have a function to return an array
of all hooks (default + extra ones registered by plugins).  Your
plugin may be the only one now that provides role management
capability, but that might not be the case in the future.  There
should be a way for plugins to register their capabilities so that
whatever role manager is being used can access them.  I'm fine with
taking the option_name and hook that you're using and moving them
into core.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/