[wp-hackers] Security. Forum post - 2.0.1 has holes

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Fri Mar 3 08:58:49 GMT 2006

_____/ On Fri 03 Mar 2006 06:10:47 GMT, [Craig] wrote : \_____

> Ignoring it means that all of the chicken littles will continue to squawk
> about the end of the world and silence from the devs will be interpreted as
> either colusion or a  behind-the-scenes cover-up  that the devs are secretly
> working on to fix without admitting there is a problem.
>
> I've seen it all before, and it sucks the life out of the forum volunteers
> as they have to devote energy to explain to the majority of non-fear

There is also a negative impact when one posts an item titled "Don't worry,
WordPress is safe". It shows doubt. If Mark fears is concerned the privacy
of his poison (plug-ins), then he should toss a blank index in the plug-ins
directory. If you accept his argument and post clarifications about this
so-called 'vulnerability', what will be next?

People could start a commotion over other aspects which are consiered more
serious 'vulnerabilities'. Users could argue about serious matters like the
reluctance to lock WordPress after a particular number of failed logins
(still?) or the disclusion of 'out of the box' DDOS attack protection.