[wp-hackers] Security. Forum post - 2.0.1 has holes

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Mar 3 08:54:00 GMT 2006

Sebastian Herp wrote:
> Podz wrote:
>> Can I suggest a Dev Blog post today that will kill this security crap in
>> the forums, or the release of a fixed up 2.0.2 ?
>>
>> I don't think ignoring this stuff is the best approach.
> Why not? It's a false alarm. I tried it and it only works as admin. Why
> should I hack a blog, when I am already an admin ... big deal!

Do you think I ask for this because I'm bored and can't think of
anything else to do on a Thursday? Do you realise how incredibly
annoying this is when we have to continually defend WordPress? Do you
realise how many times this has happened before and that we KNOW a post
by Matt shuts them all up? No? Right, trust me okay?

I'll be honest though - if it wasn't for the dashboard I think something
may well have been posted.

P.