[wp-hackers] automatic post pings

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 23:06:55 GMT 2006

I'm assuming (I've just been to busy/lazy to go check for myself) that as
more items are added to the list of services to "ping" for each post (like
with the smart ping plugin, etc), the response time of your "write a post"
page will get slower and slower. Am I correct ? I've set up a site for a
client with the smart ping plugin, and it just seems to take forever to
"publish" a post, like up to a minute or more every time. I added the plugin
to my personal site just to see if that was it, and the same thing seems to
be happening. anyone know a way around this slowdown issue ?

thanks.chris

Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net
http://www.hradil.us