[wp-hackers] wpblogmail fails when mail contact plugins present

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Mon Jun 26 11:51:25 GMT 2006

___/ On Mon 26 Jun 2006 06:13:37 BST, [ Scot Hacker ] wrote : \___

> I'm the author of wpblogmail, which sends daily or weekly "digest"
> email summaries of activity on a WP blog:
>
> http://www.birdhouse.org/blog/software/wpblogmail/
>
> It's not a plugin, but a cli php script, alongside a WP install. It
> basically does this:
>
> ----------
> require("$BlogPath/wp-blog-header.php");
> the_title_rss();
> the_content_rss('', TRUE, '', 100);
> ----------
>
> which it spits out to the shell, which then emails it to a list
> address. Works nicely, *except* when the user has a contact form
> plugin installed, *even though* that plugin is not used on the
> homepage of the blog. When either pxsmail or the Dagon form mailer
> plugins are activated and wpblogmail is run, I get this at the top of
>  the output, and I can't figure out why. Any idea why these plugins
> are invoked at all in this situation? And is there a way to
> deactivate them while the script runs, or another way around this
> anyone can think of?

> <b>Warning</b>:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie -
> headers already sent by (output started at /home/username/scripts/
> wpblogmail/run.php:43) in <b>/home/username/public_html/blog/wp-
> content/plugins/dd-formmail/dd-formmailer-plugin.php</b> on line
> <b>Warning</b>:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter -
>  headers already sent (output started at /home/username/scripts/
> wpblogmail/run.php:43) in <b>/home/usernane/public_html/blog/wp-
> content/plugins/dd-formmail/dd-formmailer-plugin.php</b> on line

Hi,

I  know  this does not address your question  directly,  but
have  you considered third-party services, which can achieve
merely  the same thing? RSSFWD(.com), for example, is a Ruby
On  Rails-based service that will deliver updates from  your
blogs  by E-mail, even in clustered/digest mode, which is  a
recently-added  feature.  In  almost a year,  it  has  never
missed a beat.

Hope it helps,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 180 total,   1 running, 161 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie