[wp-hackers] anyone looked at Chameleon closely?

Rob Miller r at robm.me.uk
Tue Jun 6 20:42:17 GMT 2006

Trevor Turk wrote:
> Good point. I'm pretty sure that Plugins come with licenses and
> copyrights
> of their own - which almost certainly require attribution.
>
> On 6/6/06, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
>>
>> Is *that* allowed? The plugins are properties of their respective
>> owners,
>> and I know for a fact many let you do whatever the hell you want so long
>> as
>> credit is given (like me :D).

I don't think they do - I'm pretty sure the GPL makes some sort of
distinction about how the code is used in the larger project. If it's
forked as a separate process from a binary I think it's ok, but if it's
executed like WP plugins are then the license must be GPL-compatible. I
can't remember exactly how it goes, though.

--
Rob Miller
http://robm.me.uk/ | http://kantian.co.uk/