[wp-hackers] Securing a part of WordPress structure

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Mon Jun 5 20:48:54 GMT 2006

Greeting all, Happy Monday.

Have a question. A client need to password protect a section of their
site. They currently have just static HTML content setup on a server.
They are using htaccess protection via Apache. Considering WordPress
does not use physical directories is there a way to 'lock-down' an
entire category or nested page hierarchy?

Not clear? Consider this. The client has the following site structure.

/
/projects/
/projects/admin/            ß Protect from here and all folders under
admin
/projects/admin/docs
/projects/summer/
/blogs/
/blogs/life
/blogs/after-life
/aboutus/
/aboutus/privacy/

I know they can password protect the page by assigning a password.
But they want to traditional popup box for username and password. I'm
not aware of plugin that offers this functionality.

P-