[wp-hackers] Critical WP Flaw?

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:44:50 GMT 2006

On 7/27/06, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> I don't understand. Dr. Dave's post _doesn't_ allude to plugins, it says it's a WP threat in general. So it's not? Like, if I have no plugins, I'm safe? The WP-Core isn't affected?

(04:21:33) (zedrdave) Libertus: an exploit in the plugin API, *is* also core.

^^ not saying I agree entirely, but if you're wondering what DrDave is thinking

> Then, pardon my asking, what's the veil of secrecy for if it's a plugin vulnerability?

Its likely to affect multiple plugins, and a majority of WordPress
installs, and really we shouldn't give the details out to the
malicious users.

--
--Robert Deaton