[wp-hackers] No More Link Categories?

R.J. Kaplan just.be.happy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 08:41:45 GMT 2006

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest SVN and noticed that the advanced link
management system, which made managing links in WP so powerful, had
shrunk into one link category called 'Blogroll'  I was actually
hoping to see subcategories introduced to the link system, but
instead I found out that you guys downgraded it. I understand the
motive to make WP as simple as possible to manage as it's being used
by lots of novice users, but deleting features isn't the answer,
WordPress is a power tool like none other, with it's great
flexibility, WP is one of the easiest to customize and is used by
pros to create more complex sites. I would like to ask the
developers, Please reconsider this. You can keep it simple without
getting rid of power features.

Thank You.