[wp-hackers] Close old comments and pingbacks: feature or plugin?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Thu Jul 13 07:06:25 GMT 2006

> Personally, I use Akismet. It does an awesome job. Until a month ago, I
> used to have all posts open to comments and pingbacks, and I was
> receiving spam on old entries of about 500 a day. Sometimes, I got
> lucky and got around 1000 a day or so. Now after closing, I have just
> about 5-10 per day.

If you get Spam Karma 2, it has a feature that does just that - it checks the post date with the date of the last accepted comment and compares the ratio of new comments to old comments on older articles - it gets rid of most comment spam for old things immediately :D

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/