[wp-hackers] trunk core dumps

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:23:07 GMT 2006

On 7/12/06, Justin Moore <wantmoore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I have a serious problem...

First things first, for the future, please send mails like this to wp-testers.

Next, none of the information you gave us is enough to accurately
debug the issue. We'll need at least one or more of a few things.

1. phpinfo() output
2. Since you're dealing with core dumps and segfaults, ./configure
lines for apache if you installed it from source would help as well
(but I'm betting you used RHEL packages, if so, fine).
3. Check apache's error log for anything that may be related to this,
an error message that appears right before the crrash in the log,
anything to give us a hint. tail -f your error log and watch for
anything that might be of use to us.
4. As a last resort option, compiling PHP with debugging symbols and
using gdb to provide us with a stack trace from the dump file. You'll
need a line like this on the shell.
gdb /services/apache/bin/httpd /path/to/core.xxxxx
5. As an even worse last resort, step through the code, line by line,
adding a die(); at the end of each, until you find the line that
causes the crash.

--
--Robert Deaton