[wp-hackers] WordPress Import/Export

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:19:32 GMT 2006

On 7/5/06, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Aaron Brazell wrote:
> > Craig (or anyone else who wishes to test)--
> >
> > The plugin is accessible via
> > http://www.technosailor.com/wordpress-to-wordpress-import/
>
> I just tested this on 1.5.2 and it worked a charm.
>
> Aaron, I would change how you check version to just see if the first
> three characters match "1.5" or "2.0".

Will do. Not sure why I didn't think of that.

The final thing that really needs to be done is some cleanup of the
> export XML code that this is based on. I don't think it's terribly
> graceful at ensuring valid XML.
>
> Anyone anal about validation want to take a look at the code? It's
> pretty straightforward, I'd just like another pair of eyes on it.

I _was_ pretty disturbed by some of the code. I figured you were just not
feeling well that day or something. :) Sure, I'll fix that up too. I was
trying to avoid taking too many liberties with your code since it worked.

--
Aaron Brazell
Author & Blogger, http://technosailor.com