[wp-hackers] Re: phpDocumentor (was: Coding style)

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 20:28:26 GMT 2006

On 7/5/06, Christian Barmala <christian.barmala at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason why WordPress source isn't documented with
> phpDocumentor (www.phpdoc.org)? Is it simply because no one volunteered
> for this tedious effort, nobody asked for it or is it even considered
> counter productive?

A multitude of people volunteered, laid out resources, some files were
even completely documented, but Matt pretty much shot it down, and it
seems like everyone lost interest again. The related threads are at
the bottom.

Sortof reminds me of what my soccer coach used to tell us about the
best way to learn the game, playing on the streets (which is why he
claimed there were so many great Brazilian players). It went something
like: "If you want to kill a great player's creativity, stick a coach
next to him."

The big long thread:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-February/004921.html
Someone's last cry to get this in: