[wp-hackers] XSLT: Sample implementation

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:37:53 GMT 2006

On 1/30/06, Owen Winkler <ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> <snipped> (I still like my own solution,
> which is to not display the feed data at all, instead displaying
> two-frame frameset: A top frame with a "this is a feed, use a
> feedreader" notice, and the bottom frame with the actual blog home page
> in it.)

+1 on that whole idea, much better than the styling feeds bull.

> Indeed, Matt's other code (as seen in a pastebin) is even better,
> because it decides what feed format to present to a client based on the
> Accept request header and not the request URI.  So if your client likes
> Atom best, it would request from http://example.com/feed and get Atom.
> A different client could point at the same URI and get RSS 2.0 or RDF,
> depending on the q of the Accept.  Very nifty.

+1 I love this idea, but I'm not entirely sure how well it'll work,
but its worth a shot while in testing to gather feedback, and if no
major problems arise, I'd definately encourage this as a 2.1 feature.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com