[wp-hackers] Failing to find wp-config.php

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Jan 25 09:10:46 GMT 2006

Someone has emailed me because they are getting the message "There
doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get
started." when they try to view the blog.
But they can access all aspects of admin just fine.
I don't know who the host is but given the number of forum posts that
would not seem to be a factor.

I've gone through their install and cannot see anything at all that
seems to be wrong - and if something _was_ wrong, surely admin wouldn't
work either ?

The forums give a nil return on answers and from reading threads it's
obviously very frustrating for both parties.

I've tried moving things about in wp-blog-header.php without success.
Anyone got any clues where I can start poking ? Solutions will of course
be posted to Codex.

Thanks,

P.

<?php
if (! isset($wp_did_header)):
if ( !file_exists( dirname(__FILE__) . '/wp-config.php') ) {
	if ( strstr( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'wp-admin') ) $path = '';
	else $path = 'wp-admin/';
    die("There doesn't seem to be a <code>wp-config.php</code> file.