[wp-hackers] Forum: High query count

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jan 24 05:24:39 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 00:17 -0500, Mark Jaquith wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2006, at 11:27 AM, Podz wrote:
>
> > Shouldn't it be caching those variables?
>
> It doesn't cache options that don't exist, for one... but that would
> be fixed by turning all plugins off:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2268
>
> Perhaps Ryan can comment on what an improperly configured server with
> safe mode on will do... querying normal WP options like home and
> siteurl that should exist is strange behavior and may be what was
> fixed by this:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/3436

 A broken safe_mode will do it.  is_writable() returns true, indicating
that we can cache to the disk.  However, when it's time to actually put
a file in the cache dirs, we fail due to safe_mode and return false when
trying to retrieve from the cache.  We then query the DB and try to set
the cache, which fails due to safe_mode.  This happens every time we try
to read from the cache and results in lots of queries.

So, those affected by this should DISABLE_CACHE.

Ryan