[wp-hackers] Link Category Management

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sun Jan 22 05:12:47 GMT 2006

_____/ On Sat 21 Jan 2006 18:58:22 GMT, [Shane Brady] wrote : \_____

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Shane Brady, and I've been using Wordpress for the last
> year to manage my blogs, and it's always been an outstanding piece of
> software.  However, one feature I feel is missing, is Link Category
> management.  It's something my girlfriend uses a lot.  I plan to
> develop it for Wordpress 2.0 for my own use at least, and if it seems
> interesting, I'd like to know what people think of doing it as a patch
> versus plugin.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Regards,
>
> Shane P. Brady

Hi Shane,

Quite frankly, I am confused. what is is that you believe is missing from
Link Category Management? Will it be valuable to all users and to what
extent will it add clutter and lead to bafflement? Are you attempting
hierarchical link categories, much like post categories? Easier 'batch
mode' alternation of categories? Import/export? I believe some basic
(existing) functionality has evaded your attention, so better explore
before extending.

Best wishes,

Roy